Islamic Republic of Iran
Ministry of Health and Medical Education
University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences
Name: Hamid Reza Khankeh Date of Birth: 22 Dec 1967
Professor in Emergency & Disaster Health
Member of national academy of medical sciences
Department of Health in Disasters & Emergencies
University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences (USWR)
Department of Clinical Science and Education
Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Department of Educational and Rehabilitation Psychology
Leipzig University, Germany
Scientific Board Member of IPT E.V Leipzig, Germany
Telephone: +982122180160 Fax: + 982122180160
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Expertise: Qualitative designer in field of Emergency and Disaster
2015-Present Deputy of Research and Technology in University of Social
Welfare and Rehabilitation Science
2009- Present Deputy, consultant and senior advisor in field of Health in Emergency& disaster in MOH, Emergency Management Center
2013-Present Head of national secretariat for Health in Emergency and Disaster in Iranian Ministry of Health(MOH)
2011- Present Associate Professor at USWR, (focused on research
in field of Emergency and disaster).
2012- Present Head of Department of Health in Emergency and
Disaster in USWR
2010- Present Post-Doctoral research fellowship in health in Emergency and Disaster, Senior Researcher, Department of Clinical science and education,
Karolinska institute, Södersjukhuset (KI SÖS)
2010- Present Qualitative designer and teacher in Department of Clinical science and education, Karolinska institute, Södersjukhuset (KI SÖS)
2010- Present Designer and leader of 5 National workshops in Hospital
Disaster Preparedness Planning (HDPP)
2009- Present Senior Advisor in the field of Emergencies and Disasters
In Ministry of Health (Iran) focusing on HDPP
2008-Present Head of Research center for Health in Disasters and Emergencies at University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation (Iran, USWR)
2012- 2014 Vice chancellor of Treatment and Rehabilitation at USWR
2006-2010 Guest researcher at Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health, Division of Social Medicine,in field of Disaster ,Norrbaka 2nd floor, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
2008-Present Guest lecturer in Disaster and Qualitative research, at Karolinska Institutet and Nordiska Högskolan (Göteborg)
2008-2012 Head of Education Development Center (EDC) - USWR, Iran, Tehran
2008-2010 Head of nursing department in USWR, Iran, Tehran
2006 Member of focal point group about disasters at ministry of health nursing office.
1996 – 2006 Head of medical and nursing administration office in Raazy Hospital. Iran, Tehran
2010 – Present Post-Doctoral research fellowship in health in Emergency and Disaster, Senior Researcher, Department of Clinical science and education,
Karolinska institute, Södersjukhuset (KI SÖS)
2003 (March)-2007(May) PhD, Iran University of Medical Sciences (IUMS) in field of Emergency and Disaster. ِ
Designing a model for health care services at the time of disaster: A Grounded Theory Study
1991 – 1995 Master degree of medical – surgical nursing education in Shahid Beheshti Medical University.
1986 – 1990 Bachelor of nursing in Iran University of Medical Sciences. (IUMS).
2010 May Introductory Doctoral Supervisor Training course at Karolinska Institute
2009 (Sep and Oct) Disaster coordination for Middle East countries (Japan, JICA, Hygo University)
2009(May) Social and economic determinants of health in developing countries, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm , Sweden(7,5 credits)
2007(Feb) Research in injury prevention and safety promotion: Designs, Methods and analysis (Karolinska intitutet,5 credits)
Research projects and Academic distinctions
2013-Present Developing National tools for:
1. Hospital Disaster Preparedness
2. National Hazard Assessment
3. National Health Surge Capacity
2014- Present Developing National single Emergency number to integrate all emergency number
2013-Present Developing disaster preparedness plan for Tondgoyan Oil Refinery
2014- Present developing strategies to improve Emergency Management System in MOHME
2010-1013 Developing Disaster Rehabilitation Model in Iran Using
Grounded Theory approach
2011-Present Developing National Guideline for hospital Disaster Preparedness Planning(HDPP). Funded by Iranian Minstry of Health(First and Second edition)
2011-2-12 Developing National Disaster Preparedness Programm,
Funded by World Health Organization
2012- Present Evaluating Reproductive Health after Iranian Recent Disasters, funded by UNFPA
2013- Present Expolring the experiences and perceptions of HEMS doctors in Europian countries regarding their non-medival activities funded by Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet
2010- Present Main supervisor of 5 PhD project at USWR, which have been done in field of Emergency and Disaster including;
1. Social reintegration after disaster,
2. Prehospital emergency care services in Road Traffic Injuries,
3. Prehospital emergency care in Burn injuries,
4. Disaster Preparedness Nursing care model
5. Developing a comprehensive scale to evaluate Disaster Hospital Preparedness
6. Developing a comprehensive model for National Traffic Incident Management
2009- Present Head of research team for Providing National Hospital Disaster Preparedness Guideline
2009-2010 Assessment of Hospital disaster preparedness at USWR
2008- Present Assessment of disaster preparedness among nursing managers all over the country (Iran)
2007-present Co-supervisor of 5 PhD projects at Karolinska Institutet and 3 at MidSweden Universities including;
1. Post crash management,
2. To develop an effective hospital based disaster management plan for medical response to earthquakes in Iran
3. Well-being among adults with congenital heart
4. Access and barriers to emergency care for road traffic injuries in a middle-income country – the case of Iran
2005- Present Main Supervisor and co-supervisor for 16 Master theses
All related Health in Emergency and Disaster specially
HDPP and nursing
2006-present Member of Safety promotion and injury prevention research group at Karoliska institutet, Department of public health division of social medicine
2003 – 2006 Designing a Model for Health Services at the time of Disasters: A qualitative research.
2005- 2010 Active member at focal point research group for chronic mental health client in the(USWR).
2000 – 2004 Research of Discharge planning in chronic psychiatric patients of Raazi psychiatric center in The (USWR).
Head of scientific committee in 6th international Congress in Health in Emergency and Disaster 2014
As a participant: *35 certificates of participation in workshops (18 in field of Health in Emergency and disaster).
*38 certificates of participation in seminars, congresses, etc, as an executive member, panel member, presenting scientific posters, director of executive committee, member of the scientific committee(15 in field of Health in Emergency and disaster).
As a lecturer: 44 articles in the national and international seminars, congresses, conferences mainly in field of in field of Health in Emergency and disaster Two paper in 15th World Congress on Disaster and Emergency Medicine, 13 – 16 May, 2007, Amsterdam.
Five paper in 2nd and 3rd , 4th and 5th International congress on Health, Medication and Crisis Management in Disaster in Iran, Tehran, 2003 and 2006.
Congress of Emergency Medicine, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Iran Tehran, 2005
As an instructor: Teaching in 95 national workshops in field of Health in Emergency and disaster.
1. Monjazebi, F., Khankeh HR., et al., Characteristics of activity of daily living in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. European Respiratory Journal, 2016. 48(suppl 60): p. PA1399.
2. Jobejarkoli, M.P., Khankeh HR., et al., Influencing Factors of Nursing Students’ Clinical Judgment: A Qualitative Directed Content Analysis in an Iranian Context. Global Journal of Health Science, 2016. 9(6): p. 22.
3. Lankarani, K.B., Khankeh HR., et al., Health Equity as a Challenging Goal for Policymakers: A Systematic Review. Global Journal of Health Science, 2016. 9(2): p. 144.
6. Alipour, F., Khankeh HR., et al., Psychosocial Rehabilitation: Some Lessons Learned From Natural Disaster in Iran. Health in Emergencies and Disasters, 2016. 1(2): p. 105-110.
7. Heidaranlu, E., Khankeh HR., et al., An Evaluation of the Non-Structural Vulnerabilities of Hospitals Involved in the 2012 East Azerbaijan Earthquake. Trauma Monthly, 2016. 21(2).
33. Khankeh H, Ranjbar M, Khorasani-Zavareh D, Zargham-Boroujeni A, Johansson E. Challenges in conducting qualitative research in health: A conceptual paper. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research. 2015,20(6):P.635-641
55. Gholami M, Khoshknab MF, Maddah SSB, Ahmadi F, Khankeh H. Barriers to health information seeking in Iranian patients with cardiovascular disease: A qualitative study. Heart & Lung: The Journal of Acute and Critical Care. 2014;43(3):183-91.
61. Dalvand,H.,Khankeh,HR.,et al., Co-occupations of mothers of children with cerebral palsy: an open window to the world of caring.The Journal of Reseach in Rehabilitation, 2014.14:P.8-17
62. Dalvand,H.,Khankeh,HR.,et al., Handling challenges in the children with cerebral palsy:A qualitative content analysis .The Journal of Reseach in Rehabilitation, 2014.9(7): p.1267-1280
66. Rezaee, M., Khankeh.,HR., et al., Ethical Issues of Occupational Therapist in the Mental Health field. Journal of Rehabilitation, 2014. 14(4): p. 82-88.
98. Khankeh, H., M. Rahgozar, and M. Ranjbar, The effects of nursing discharge plan (post-discharge education and follow-up) on self-care ability in patients with chronic schizophrenia hospitalized in Razi psychiatric Center. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research, 2011. 16(2).
104. Ghasemi, A.A., M. Moumeni, and H.R. Khankeh, Comparison of body image between disabled athletes, disabled non-athletes and non-disabled non-athelet males. Journal of Rehabilitation, 2012. 2 (6):P.2145-2150
118. Hosseini, M.A.,….Khankeh,HR., et al., Study Influence of Nursing Home Care upon Complications of Immobility in Musculoskeletal System in Patient with Stroke that Admitted at Home in the City of Semnan 1381-82. JOURNAL OF REHABILITATION, 2005. 5(4): p. 35-42.
2.3 The ten most-cited publications
119. Haghparast-Bidgoli, H.,Khankeh, HR., et al., Barriers and facilitators to provide effective pre-hospital trauma care for road traffic injury victims in Iran: a grounded theory approach. BMC Emergency Medicine,2010. 10(1): p. 20.
Number of Citation: 40
120. Khorasani-Zavareh, D.,Khankeh,HR., et al., The requirements and challenges in preventing of road traffic injury in Iran. A qualitative study. BMC Public Health, 2009. 9(1): p. 486.
Number of Citation: 39
121. Khorasani-Zavareh, D.,Khankeh,HR., et al., Post-crash management of road traffic injury victims in Iran. Stakeholders' views on current barriers and potential facilitators. BMC Emergency Medicine, 2009. 9(1): p. 8.
Number of Citation: 37
122. Dalvandi, A., Khankeh, HR.,et al., Life experiences after stroke among Iranian stroke survivors. International Nursing Review, 2010. 57(2): p. 247-253.
Number of Citation: 35
123. Ardalan, A.,Khankeh,HR., et al., Disaster Health Management: Iran’s Progress and Challenges. Iranian J Publ Health, 2009. 38(1): p. 93-97.
Number of Citation: 31
124. Djalali, A., Castren, M. Khankeh , H.R, et al., Facilitators and obstacles in pre-hospital medical response to earthquakes: a qualitative study. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine, 2011. 19(1): p. 30.
Number of Citation: 21
125. Eslami, B., Suarez, J. Khankeh , H.R et al., Anxiety, depressive and somatic symptoms in adults with congenital heart disease. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 2013 .74(1):49-56
Number of Citation: 16
126. Dalvandi, A.,Khankeh,HR., et al., Post stroke life in Iranian people: used recommendations and strategies. Iranian Rehabilitation Journal, 2009, 7(1):P. 17-24
Number of Citation: 16
127. Khankeh , H.R., R. Mohammadi , and F. Ahmadi., Health care services at time of natural disasters: A qualitative study. Iran Journal of Nursing, 2007. 20(51): p. 85-96.
Number of Citation: 16
Number of Citation: 10
Chief author of Hospital Disaster Preparedness a national Guideline 2012
Co-author of National Emergency Operation Planing
Co-author of Hospital Safety Index
Chief editor in Journal of Health in Emergency and Disaster Quartry(HDQ)
Editorial board and Reviewers for Journal of:
Journal of Health Promotion Management
Iranian Journal of Nursing research
Journal of Trauma
Leading Guest Editor in Journal of Emergency Medicine International
International Nursing Review
Iranian Journal of Epidemiology
Iranian Journal of Nursing Research
Hayat, Nursing Journal
BMC Public Health
Available upon request
Available upon request